- All systems need to be booked before use: see booking system
- All users need a training by the Imaging and Optics Facility staff before they can book a specific system
- It is not allowed to use any of the setups without booking or training
- It is not allowed to use any of the setups on the name or booking of another person
Bookings can not be made longer than 14 days in advance
Everyone is obligated to leave a clean and neat working space for the next user on any system!
The responsibility of any Imaging and Optics Facility Instrumentation is taken over by the next user (see guidelines) → in case something is not in order, notify the previous user, clean it or notify us – but don’t leave it as is!
- In case any instrument is not working properly: you need to inform the Imaging and Optics Facility immediately → report an incident -or- report an incident!
- If there is any mess or damage left from previous user, inform us immediately → we can only assume that the last booked user is responsible if we were not informed!
- If you come at the start of your booked slot and find someone’s sample at the system → it is permitted to remove it and feel free to start your experiment, but it is nicer to try to contact the person who uses the system before you.
- If you leave your sample until next user comes and do not want it to be trashed → coordinate with the next user, and leave clear instructions at the system for the next user what to do with your sample.
- Any experiments runs until the user removes his sample / the system is transferred to a next users, or the system is switched off. Bookings need to be made for the whole duration of an experiment.
- If case you only want to copy data: please leave a notepad-window open on the screen with a short message with your name, time and date.