Before we can provide service to anyone, an PPMS account is required:
- Newcomers to ISTA get an ICP and PPMS accounts during their on-boarding.
- For external visitors and interns will need to organize an PPMS account with the visiting lab.
- External cooperation will need to establish an agreement before we can provide our services
- All new users of the Imaging and Optics facility & Laser safety need to complete the “intro to newcomers”, before any facility equipment can be used. We will explain with our usage & booking guidelines, training guidelines and required safety guidelines (biosafety, laser, mercury lamps) → you can only request an “intro to newcomers” via online booking system: here.
- Basic Microscopy Quiz: to ensure that you can focus on the instructions to operate the microscope, we want to make sure that the basic principles of microscopy are understood. This means that newcomers need to pass our ‘Basic Microscopy Quiz’ before the 1st system training (1 attempt; 6/8 question need to be answered correct). Not passing the test will require to participate in a seminar, and redoing the test → you can find the Basic Microscopy Quiz and Slides: here.
- Training: Imaging and Optics facility equipment can only used after completion of equipment training → i) please take note of our training guidelines ii) equipment trainings are only provided by facility staff training; iii) all trainings consists of at least two parts → all equipment trainings need to be requested via our online booking system
- Booking & usage -rights: Upon completion of such training, you will be granted booking rights to book the equipment in our online booking system → all bookings need to comply with our microscopy, cytometry & safety policies. Most importantly, it is strictly forbidden to use any of the setups without booking or training, or to use any system on the name of another user.
Additional Information to get started:
For any issues with your cost-center / cost account → see our PPMS-FAQ section.